Monday, December 8, 2008

Surfing the Webs

I've been working on a my Web site as a component of my marketing push. You can check it out here: www.keithecker.com. Feel free to give me feedback. It's still a work in progress, so not all the links are up and running yet.

While creating my site, a dilemma arose. I want to link to the various presences I have on the Internet, from this blog to my YouTube videos to work I've done professionally. The only thing is the kind of writing I do for work is corporate. I wasn't sure how well my comedic personality would be accepted by my current and potential clients. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that these two worlds will have to mesh eventually. I mean, do a Google search of me, and you'll find many articles regarding points of law that I've written as well as me wearing a fake mustache and singing about Vietnam. In fact, you should watch that video because I just posted it. It was an entry into the Second City Training Center's Film Festival.



So although my business site isn't littered with my comedic work, it makes mention of it, and links to examples. Besides, you never know if one of my legal clients might occasionally want someone to write something that injects a little humor into the typically dry area of law.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Now I'm not in the biz, but I don't think this is a good idea. I figure your clients just want a professional, not someone with hopes and/or dreams...or even a personality. It might be different if it were a matter of you meshing with their in-house staff, but in your case they just want you for a service--not an individual.