Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Time is Here

It's been a while since my last post. I've been very busy preparing for the holiday season by trying to get as much of my work done as possible. I'm still going to have to do some writing while I'm in Dallas next week, but I've gotten a good head start on most of my work.

Although the holidays will be a welcome break from work, I can't help but to dread the new year. The economy is still tanking, reports of layoffs abound and I know many companies that are going under or filing for bankruptcy.

But it is these times that test the grit of a freelancer. If you can survive this, you can survive anything. It just takes an added push and effort. Which is why I am planning on launching a large marketing campaign for myself (as mentioned previously). I've been working on a prospective client list, generic proposal letters and sales sheets. I've got my Web site up: www.keithecker.com. So check it out.

If anyone has any advice they'd like to share about finding work during these tough times, then please post a comment.

Have a happy holiday everyone. Hopefully I'll get to post at least once more before the new year.

Oh, and here's my most recent video, which premiered at an Equality Illinois benefit show:

No comments: